Kim Knox Beckius, Author of "The Everything Outdoor Wedding
Everything Outdoor Wedding Book
Wedding Location Guide
An Outdoor Wedding for You?
Your Wedding Story
Is An Outdoor Wedding For You?
you're contemplating an outdoor wedding, here are some things to consider.
DO plan an outdoor wedding if...
- You have a special attachment to a particular outdoor place.
- You enjoy spontaneity and drama.
- You're organized and able to plan for a variety of scenarios.
- You want to set your celebration apart from other weddings, perhaps even your own previous weddings if one or both of you have been married previously.
- You want to blend religious traditions in a flexible, non-denominational setting.
- You want to increase the amount of time available to share with loved ones by holding both your ceremony and reception at a single location.
- Your wedding ceremony will be part of a multi-day wedding event.
- You'd like to include dogs or other pets in your wedding service.
- You want to create a wedding celebration that is unique, personal, distinctive and memorable.
DON'T choose an outdoor wedding if...
- You hate surprises.
- You will be horribly disappointed if the weather is uncooperative and everything does not go according to your plan.
- You need or want to marry in a month when weather conditions are likely to be less than optimal at the location where you will wed.
- You're seeking to simply be different or to upstage your friends.
- You aren't adept at handling stress and making decisions.
- The outdoor environment you prefer will not be comfortable for your invited guests.
your autographed copy and save!
Copyright © 2005-2007 Kim Knox Beckius